Sales Account Manager
Join our growing, forward-thinking team! For over 60 years, Somerville has been a name that represents integrity and quality in the transportation industry. Our highly trained sales and service teams have earned a credible reputation through their unwavering commitment to customer service excellence. We are a dynamic, family-owned business offering a suite of products – including new and used HINO truck sales, financing, leasing, daily rentals, parts and service, and more. Join our team of driven commercial experts and experience the Somerville difference for your career!
WORK ENVIRONMENT & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary plus incentive-based compensation program.
- Competitive benefits program.
- An environment that promotes personal growth and learning, including an annual development process to support career advancement.
- Paid Vacation.
- Social Club that engages team-members for dinners, events, and team-building.
- Enjoy a state-of-the-art facility.
- Flexibility with remote work, on-the-road days, and a collaborative office environment.
- Full manufacturer training, certificates, and continued learning support.
- Dynamic, family owned-and-operated company.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute on new and used Somerville HINO truck sales (class 4-8) targets by developing and managing new prospects and customers through strategic cold-calling, in person meetings, being “on-the-road”, networking at trade-shows, and vendor partnerships.
- Utilize Somerville CRM system to manage transaction pipeline and customers.
- Product Expertise: Promote Somerville as a one-stop-solution for parts & service, daily rental, leasing, and third-party financial products, providing real solutions to Small-Medium-Enterprises (SMEs) and fleet customers.
- Develop and deliver value-added sales proposals, presentations, and sales contracts.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of Somerville HINO products and inventory.
- Engage electronic leads, phone calls, and customer walk-in inquiries promptly and professionally. Accurately qualify prospective customers.
- Accompany customers on vehicle test drives.
- Manage sales orders, secure deposits, collaborate with Somerville F&I department, coordinate with management, and process paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Coordinate with the Inventory Manager for all service and detailing requirements.
- Communicate openly and collaboratively with all Somerville departments in an effort to serve our customers better (“one-team” mentality).
- Uphold Somerville brand, values, and ensure that all interaction and conduct is courteous, professional, and compliant at all times.
- The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit, able to develop and independently manage a portfolio of customers to deliver on new and used truck sales targets, profitability metrics, and dealership commercial strategies.
- Minimum 3 years of truck sales experience considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) are required.
- Provide in-office sales support when required (“floor days”).
- Attend and participate in manufacturer and dealer training and online learning.
- Maintain an OMVIC license and follow all OMVIC guidelines.
- Have access to a vehicle and maintain a clean driving record and G-license.
- Considered an additional asset: **
- Bilingual oral and written proficiency.
- Technical and/or mechanical experience with commercial vehicles is supportive when describing specifications to customers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Truck Sales: 3 years (Preferred)
- OMVIC (Preferred)
- G (Preferred)
- Manage multiple accounts, ensuring that a high level of customer retention and satisfaction is maintained
- Engage with multiple customers on a daily basis by reaching out to new clients, and by developing campaigns for maintaining customer loyalty
- Implement strategies for retaining customers requesting to terminate or downgrade their account
Interested? Send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org